This is your guide to shopping with us. It also constitutes the Terms and Conditions of buying from us.
The following will explain the range and quality of clothes you will find on our site, and how we group and describe the clothes we sell. We hope this will make it easier for you to find what you are looking for and to navigate and filter our shopping pages.
WHY SHOP WITH US?
- We provide a slick browsing experience. We think our website is much more enjoyable to use than searching through other options for second-hand items out there.
- Accurate and standardised item descriptions and photos. You can have confidence that all items have been thoroughly quality checked, with any flaws or defects clearly detailed. You can trust that we will provide good quality photographs and complete descriptions.
- Robust and easy returns policy. Akin to what you would expect from a highstreet retailer, if you’re not happy you can send it back!
- Reducing your environmental impact. By giving pre-owned items a new home, you are not only extending their lifespan and stopping them going to landfill, but also reducing the consumption of new items. By reducing the demand for new items, in the longer term less will be made which will reduce the demand for natural resources and reduce carbon emissions.
- Supporting garment workers. We will donate 10% of any profits we make to charities supporting the working conditions of garment workers worldwide. Find out more here.
THE ITEMS WE SELL
We aim to sell a good range of clothing so that you can fully dress your children for any occasion or weather forecast - from summer holidays to Christmas, good puddle days to ‘I am one!’ photoshoots! After all, we believe all clothes deserve a second-chance! From time to time we will update and change our offering however to reflect consumer demand, the stock coming in from sellers, and any other considerations that may arise.
For ease of use and navigation we try to standardise our descriptions of items, although we realise that not everyone calls something the same thing (the babygrow vs onesie vs bodysuit issue).
Where items would normally come as an outfit, set or multipack, we try to sell them as the same. This may include bundles that contain a mix of brands. While we aim to give you as much choice as possible to mix and match items yourself, we do also bundle certain items together so that it is cost-effective.
Certain items and brands we only accept in conditions, for example bibs, tights, socks are only accepted in brand new condition. We only accept economy brands in excellent used condition or above. We do not currently sell underwear. If you would like more information please see the full list of items accepted on our Seller’s Guide.
The nature of our offering is that many of the items will have signs of being pre-owned. However, we never intentionally sell items that are damaged. Our definition of damage includes missing buttons, broken fastenings, holes or unravelling seams. Our rule of thumb is that the item must be fit for purpose. The following definitions will help you filter the clothes you want to see by condition:
- Brand new with tags (BNWT) – Never worn, never washed. Tags still attached or in its original packaging. No damage, broken fastenings, loose stitching, marks, holes, tears, wash-wear, fading, stains or bobbling (piling).
- Brand new without tags (BNWOT) – As new and never worn or washed. Tags removed or no original packaging. No damage, broken fastenings, loose stitching, marks, holes, tears, wash-wear, fading, stains or bobbling (piling). Shoes must be never worn.
- Excellent used condition (EUC) – Lightly worn and washed. No damage, broken fastenings, loose stitching, marks, holes, tears, wash-wear, fading, stains or bobbling (piling). For shoes this means no wear to the soles, no marks or scuffs.
- Good used condition (GUC) – Worn and washed. No damage, broken fastenings, loose stitching, marks, holes or tears. May have minor wash-wear, fading or bobbling (piling). Shoes may have minor wear to the soles, but no marks or scuffs.
- Playwear – Worn and washed. No damage, broken fastenings, loose stitching, holes or tears. May have noticeable wash-wear, fading, bobbling (piling) or writing on the label. Minor stains only. Shoes may have wear to the soles, minor marks of scuffs.
All items we sell will have their brand and size labels intact and legible. Any item which has writing on a label (e.g. children’s name) will be marked as playwear regardless of the condition of the rest of the item, and will be priced as such.
We assign each brand we sell to the following categories. We think this makes it easier to find the sort of items you are looking for. When you filter our shopping pages you have the option to filter by brand category, or by a specific brand.
- Economy - includes supermarket and discount brands.
- Highstreet - includes brands like H&M, GAP, M&S, John Lewis.
- High-end - includes brands like Jojo Maman Bebe, Zara, Boden, Joules.
- Designer - includes brands like Ted Baker, Ralph Lauren, Moschino.
THE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUYING FROM US
The following are the terms and conditions on which we sell pre-owned and second-hand clothing (‘Terms’). Please read these Terms carefully before you place any orders. These Terms tell you about us, how to contact us, how we will sell items to you, how you or we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Worn In Wardrobe LTD. Worn In Wardrobe LTD offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
SECTION 1 - WHO WE ARE
www.worninwardrobe.com is operated by Worn In Wardrobe LTD. We are a private limited company registered in Scotland under company number SC690243. Our main trading address is Worn In Wardrobe LTD, Studio 33, 27 Beaverhall Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4JE. Our VAT registration number is 381519682.
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the address above. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these Terms, this includes emails.
SECTION 2 - YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 3 - THE ITEMS FOR SALE ON OUR SITE
- Item condition – all clothing on our site, unless otherwise stated, is pre-owned. We quality check all items by hand to ensure they meet our condition criteria and minimum acceptable quality. By purchasing items from us, you accept that the items are not new and are ‘as described’.
- Item variation – We make every effort to describe and present items accurately on our site, including colour, condition, defects and flaws. We cannot guarantee that your device’s display accurately reflects the colour of an item, therefore there may be some variation from the images you see. We will not be responsible or liable for any differences between an image and the actual item received.
- Intellectual property – We are the owner or authorized licensee of all material published on our website, and of all the intellectual property rights therein. By intellectual property rights we mean any patent, copyright, trademark, trade name, service mark, registered design, design right (registered or unregistered), know-how and/or trade secret, any similar rights protected in any jurisdiction, whether now existing or in the future. The website and material on the website and our items are protected by trademark registrations, copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
SECTION 4 - PRICING
- Currency - All prices are in GBP (£, Sterling).
- VAT - Children’s clothing and shoes are subject to a zero rate of VAT. Children’s clothing and shoes are defined as the maximum size an average child will wear on their 14th birthday. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply your item, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the item in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect. For packaging options and postage VAT is 20%.
- Pricing errors - We make every effort to ensure that our items are correctly priced. It is possible however that, despite our efforts, an item may occasionally be incorrectly priced. If an item’s correct price at your order date is lower than the stated price, we will charge the lower amount. If an item’s correct price at your order date is higher than the stated price, we will contact you before we process your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any items provided to you.
SECTION 5 - OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU WHEN YOU MAKE AN ORDER
- Age – you may only place an order with us if you are aged 18 or over.
- Order confirmation – Please read and check your order at each step of the order process. After you have placed your order, you will receive an order confirmation setting out details of your items.
- Order acceptance – when you receive your order confirmation by email, this confirms our acceptance of your order and is the point at which a contract will be created between us.
- Declining an order – If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this by email and we will not charge you for the item(s). This might be because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the item or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline.
- Incorrect order information - We will not be responsible for any loss you may suffer if you provide incorrect information during the order process and this leads to the wrong item or items being delivered, or to your items being sent to the wrong address.
- Geographical limits – we are a UK-based company and only sell within the UK. At this time we do not accept orders from or to be delivered to addresses outside of the UK.
SECTION 6 - RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for the items from the moment they are delivered to the address you gave us. You will only own an item once we have received full payment for it.
We may refuse to deliver an item to you if:
- You do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 5 working days of us reminding you that payment is due
- You do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide you with an item
- You give us incomplete or incorrect information
- You do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver an item to you. In any of those circumstances, we may end the contract and refund any money you have paid in advance for items we have not delivered to you, but we may deduct reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of you breaking the contract.
SECTION 7 - PAYMENT
- The total amount of your items and shipping cost must be paid upon placing your order.
- We accept payment via credit or debit card (visa or mastercard), via Paypal, or via Worn In Wardrobe gift card. Gift cards are valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
- Payment declined – If your payment method is declined or payment is not authorized to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery of items.
SECTION 8 - SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- Shipping partners – we use the Royal Mail to ship all our orders to you. We reserve the right to alter our shipping policy and courier service at any time.
- Delivery address – your items will be delivered by Royal Mail to the address provided when you place the order.
- Delivery options and costs – the specific delivery service and time can be selected by you prior to placing your order. Associated postage costs will be displayed to you at this time and at check-out and before you place your order. Details of our delivery options & costs can be found on our Shipping Policy page.
- Click & collect service - we aim to be in the office during normal working hours however it is best to email or call us in advance to arrange a time for collection as we cannot guarantee there will always be someone in the workspace during these hours.
SECTION 9 - PROBLEMS WITH YOUR DELIVERY
- Damaged or faulty items – we carefully pack all orders to ensure a safe journey to you. Please check the condition of your item(s) when they arrive. If there is a fault with an item as result of the delivery process, please email email@example.com and provide photographic evidence within 14 days of the delivery date.
- Delayed delivery – If you have not received your items within a reasonable or expected timeframe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can investigate for you. We will not be responsible for delivering an item late or not delivering part of an order if the delay is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- Delivery attempts and re-arranging delivery - If after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect your item(s) from a delivery depot, we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery we may end the contract and we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of you breaking the contract.
- Delays outside of our control – If delivery of your item is delayed by an event outside of our reasonable control, we will contact you as soon as possible and will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us if you would like a refund for any items you have paid for but not received.
SECTION 10 - PROBLEMS WITH YOUR ORDER
- If you have a question or issue with an item, please email email@example.com.
- If you change your mind about your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with your order number and the details. If you change your mind after the item has been dispatched or after you have received it, you must return the item to us. We will provide you with a pre-paid postage label, however we reserve the right to deduct the cost of return postage from your refund.
SECTION 11 - YOUR RIGHTS
You have a legal right to reject an item or not to proceed with your order in certain circumstances. For example, if:
- Your item is faulty or misdescribed.
- We delivered your item late.
- You have changed your mind about the item.
- We have told you about an error in the price or description of an item you have ordered, and you do not wish to proceed with your order.
- There is a risk that delivery of an item may be significantly delayed because of events outside of our control.
- We have suspended deliveries for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend deliveries for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 7 days.
- Because of something we have done wrong or because of something we have told you we are going to do.
If you are ending your contract with us for a reason set out in above, the contract will end immediately, and we will refund you in full for any items which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. We are under a legal duty to supply items that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these Terms will affect your legal rights.
For more information, including details of when your refund will be made, of when delivery charges will be deducted from returns and of which items we cannot accept as returns, please see our returns policy.
SECTION 12 - RESPONSIBILITY FOR FORESEEABLE LOSS & DAMAGE CAUSED BY US
If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for any loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or of our failure to use reasonable care and skill. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 including the right to receive items which are: as described and match information we provided to you; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; and supplied with reasonable skill and care. However, to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to items you order from us.
We only supply items for domestic and private use. If you use our items for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for, without limitation, any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
SECTION 13 - OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its Terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person to end the contract or make any changes to these Terms.
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, if you are a consumer you may transfer your rights under this contract to a person who has acquired the item. We may require the person to whom your rights are transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the relevant item.If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.